Sunday, September 26, 2010

PSA Reflection

The public service announcement assignment was very interesting. I learned a lot about video editing, planning, producing and evaluating. I also enjoyed working in a group because we learned a lot from each other. Randy Nelson’s quote, “How do I plus this” reminds me that we all had many different talents and each one of us brought something new to our group. We all collaborated very well and worked together as a team. We didn’t encounter any problems during the pre, production, and post process for our public service announcement.

I also learned a lot from my colleagues from the discussion board about video editing and evaluation programs and from the weekly readings. I learned how to take different shots and angles, edit video clips and add music and audio.

I will hope to use what I learned about video editing and public service announcements in my classroom. I would love to have my students create, produce, plan, edit and evaluate their own public service announcement about an important or interesting topic or subject. I think they would enjoy learning and understanding how to create a public service announcement as well as learning how to edit the video using free video editing software programs. I already have some ideas or assignments for the students to begin working on.

Again, I enjoyed the class and learned a lot and I now feel confident enough to produce a public service announcement (PSA) as well as editing the video for the PSA. I look forward to utilizing what I used in this course in my classroom.

Nelson, R. (2008). Learning and working in the collaborative age: A new model for the workplace. Edutopia. Retrieved April 23, 2009, from http://www.edutopia.org/randy-nelson-school-to-career-video.

No comments:

Post a Comment