Saturday, September 4, 2010

Evaluating Video Editing Software

The two video editing software programs that I evaluated were Apple (MAC) iMovie and Microsoft Windows Movie Maker. I have used both video editing software programs. Movie Maker is a Windows video software program and iMovie is a Mac video software program. I did not find a video from the internet to use to edit. I used the videos that I created in both iMovie and Movie Maker. I created my parent's 50th anniversary video in Movie Maker and I edited pictures, music and transitions. It was very easy to edit and move clips and music. It was also easy to drop and drag clips, music selections, transitions and effects. iMovie was very similar to Movie Maker because of the dropping and dragging of clips and transitions. Audio and music was a little different. Music had to be clicked and clipped into the entire surrounding of the videos or pictures. The audio had to be recorded through a microphone. The editing of the recording was easy to work with also. iMovie was basically, clicking and unclicking clips and audio. I used an iMovie video that I created for my friend's daughter's graduation, so I used that video to edit.

Next, I attempted to convert the video editing software programs. I found three free video Mac converters: Prism video converter software (http://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/index.html), Kigo Video converter (www.kigoconverter.com), and Miro video converter (mirovideoconverter.com). All seem very usually friendly and used the following file extensions to convert the videos: mpefg, .avi, .mpeg, .wma, .wav, .mp3, .jpeg, .wmf., and .wmv. The windows free editing software that I chose are: Video Pad editor software program (nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html.), AVS video editor (www.avs4you.com/AVS-video-editor.aspx) and Smilebox (smilebox.com). I looked at three and smilebox was very easy to use and the conversion was easy. The other two were fairly easy to edit and convert the videos as well.

I have learned how to use the free software editing programs and learned how to convert file extensions using Movie Maker and iMovie video software programs. After completing this assignment, I feel very comfortable using the free editing software programs. I have prior knowledge of using Movie Maker and iMovie software programs, but I am learning how to use other features as well as the basic features and functions after this assignment. I do believe that "Microsoft Movie Maker for Windows users, and Apple iMovie for MAC users are probably the two easiest to use free video editing software programs available." (2010).

Top 5 Free Video Editing Software Programs. (2010). Retrieved September 2, 2010, from Desktop-Video-Guide.com website: http://www.desktop-video-guide.com/top-5-free-video-editing-software-review.html

No comments:

Post a Comment